Powder coating is a type of coating technique that is found and spread all over the world within past few decades. Powder coating process is done electrostatically by spraying dry powder to the mill finish product without using any catalyst, whereas liquid painting requires solvent or water as a catalyst. Moreover, unlike liquid painting, powder coating finish has no sagging mark.
Advantages of using powder coating:
- A uniform thick coating is produced
- Increase anti-corrosion/weather resistance.
- Available in wide variety of colours.
- It is more durable
- Environmentally friendly and virtually pollution free.
Although powder coating has many advantages, it also has disadvantages as well, including:
- Hard to achieve thin coating layers
- Costs are high
- Difficult to touch up
- Requires longer production time