Especially in Singaporean homes from furniture to flooring, laminates are among the most widely used materials in interior decor. Among these, laminate doors are the most popular ones whether it’s the bedroom door or the main door. Also, laminated finishes are the most preferred ones when it comes to furniture, wall paneling, flooring and for your living room, bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen. Since laminates are available in a variety of colors and finishes, laminates are inexpensive, durable, and also more resistant to stains, heat, impact when compared to more expensive materials. Likewise, we possess these kinds of laminate doors with 1000+ extraordinary laminate finishes that are highly customizable and affordable. Make sure to see us if you are looking for the same.
As far as maintenance of laminate door is concerned, you should regularly dust it with a soft cloth. This will not only enhance the beauty of your home or office but will also prevent dust from accumulating and preventing respiratory problems and allergies. It is important to note that traditional dusting sprays and wood polishes won’t have the same effect on laminate surfaces because they aren’t porous. To keep your laminate furniture look great, you need to prevent exposure to direct sunlight. This will reduce any further fading effects. To know more proceed to read the tips to maintain laminate doors or laminate surfaces.
1. Cleaning the Surface Regularly
Laminate doors are extremely easy to clean and maintain. Just wiping the surface of the laminate door twice a week with a soft, lint-free cloth is more than enough to keep them good-looking and new. Avoid the use of wet or damp cloth to clean these doors as it can remove the sheen away from the top layer of the laminate. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean dirt or dust particles that have been settled on laminate doors.
2. Use a mild cleaning agent to remove tough stains
Laminated door surfaces tend to get damaged if it is severely exposed to chemical substances, such as strong door cleaners, etc. Hence, organic solvents or non-scratch liquid cleaning agents are ideal for cleaning tough stains from the surface. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a high-quality but mild cleaner to remove tough stains from door laminates.
3. Don’t use abrasive cleaning agents
The use of abrasive cleaning agents damages the surface of the laminate doors. Hence, avoid using wax furniture polish, bleaching agents, or other abrasive cleaning agents to wipe the laminate door surfaces. Also, there is a need to avoid using black soap, scouring pads and powders, and other cleaning products that have strong alkaline or acid bases.
Some more general tips to maintain laminate doors neat and clean:
- In order to keep your laminate doors free from scratches, you need to take care not to use any sharp objects or abrasive materials such as steel scrubbers to clean them.
- Laminate doors fade due to prolonged exposure to sunlight. Try to keep the laminate doors away from direct sunlight to prevent discoloration.
- Moisture and dampness damage the laminate surfaces and cause warping. Hence, it is a must to protect them from excess water, A damp (not wet) microfiber mop not only picks up all the dirt, but it will also need less water, which is recommended for cleaning laminate surfaces as too much exposure to water can warp the laminate flooring.
- Avoid the use of strong chemical cleaners, bleach, steel wool, or scouring pads as the laminate surface will get discolored or scratched.
So, following the above tips must help to maintain your laminate doors wonderfully. If you have any queries or want to buy laminate doors, visit us to know more.
Visit HDDoor – The Family Friendly Showroom!
Store Address: 11 Woodlands Close #06-06 / 05 S(737853)
Store Opening hours: 10AM – 8PM (Monday to Thursday)
Store Opening hours: 10AM – 9PM (Friday To Sunday & PH)
Store Contact Number: 6589 8484